ABOUT - FAQ'S
and Estate Services as a member of the National Association of Senior Move
Managers specializes in helping older adults and their families with the
daunting process of downsizing and moving to a new residence. We are
experienced professionals, bound by a pledge of integrity, committed to
safety and ethics and dedicated to continuing professional development.
Move and Estate Services will move you expertly, compassionately and
WHAT IS SENIOR MOVE MANAGEMENT?
Senior Move Management is the profession that assists older adults and their
families with the
emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or "aging in place." Senior
Move Managers have
backgrounds in gerontology, social work, health care, nursing and
psychology, others come to this
industry from the corporate world of project management, technology,
accounting or marketing.
Senior Move Managers require a profound commitment to connecting with older
adults and a desire to
perform meaningful work. Our overall goal is to fulfill the need for
seamless, successful transition
services for older adults and their families.
WHY IS SENIOR MOVE MANAGEMENT NEEDED NOW?
• The numbers tell the story. The U.S. population aged 65 and over will jump
nearly 80 percent when
the Baby Boom generation retires (from 2010 to 2030). By 2030, the elderly
will account for one-fifth of the total U.S. population. The fastest growing segment of the U. S.
Americans age 85 and above.
• Today, many families are geographically dispersed and adult children are
often not able to help
with the moving process due to distance, career and family obligations.
• Many seniors have no surviving children, or increasingly, their children
are older adults
themselves. If illness or death precipitates the move, the family is likely
already drained both
emotionally and physically. They need help. Senior Move Managers emerge to
fill these gaps and
to facilitate the transition for everyone involved.
• Older adults making a transition have usually not moved in 30, 40 or 50
years and need to
downsize considerably. The organizational and physical tasks associated with
implementing such a complex move can be overwhelming for the entire family.
Seek the help of a
Senior Move Manager.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MOVE MANGER DO?
• Senior Move Managers provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process:
planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy.
• Senior Move Managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving
by addressing all
aspects of the move process. They are responsible to for creating and
executing a seamless
action plan, customized to the client's wishes.
• Actually, some but not all Senior Move Managers are also movers. Those
providers that are not
movers will work closely with a reputable local moving company to complete
that aspect of the
• With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager,
older adults and
families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress
that can follow. As a
result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such
• Senior Move Managers do so much more than simply sort, settle and move
boxes; with loads of
energy, enthusiasm and experience, Senior Move Managers take the worry (and
work!) out of
the move process. The client's job is to simply enjoy his or her new living
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SENIOR MOVE MANAGERS (NASMM)?
• The National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) is the leading
organization for Senior Move Managers in the United States, Canada and
• NASMM is recognized for its innovative programs and expertise related to
Management, transition and relocation issues affecting older adults.
• Consumers and referral sources should be confident that NASMM members
represent the most
qualified and capable Senior Move Managers in this growing profession.
• All members of the National Association of Senior Move Management must
meet strict vetting
requirements before approval.
• NASMM members are reviewed for insurance and experience requirements prior
• NASMM has developed a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for all
• Ongoing educational programs reflect the NASMM commitment to
professionalism and to working
with older adults.
HOW MUCH DO YOUR SERVICES COST?
• The initial in-home, no-obligation consultation is free – we want to make
sure that each and every
client is comfortable with us and the services we provide.
• It's virtually impossible to calculate what a specific move might cost, as
the fees can vary
considerably by the specific needs and the services requested.
• NASMM members will always outline the cost of a job through a detailed
written estimate or
contract and answer any questions you may have before you are required to