Preparation and Planning
• Helping to assess and determine which personal belongings to take.
• Sorting through cabinets, closets, cupboards, basements, attics, garages
• Disposing of unneeded items through gifting or donation, auction or sale.
• Measuring your new place, measuring current furnishings and creating a
• Supplying the packing materials, boxes, wrapping paper and bubble wrap.
• Supplying furniture pads and protection.
• Packing carefully and professionally all items.
• Determining best and safest means for transporting sentimental, fragile
and oversize items.
• Packing last minute items.
• Emptying refrigerator and freezer and safely transporting these
• Coordinating and directing the movers in loading and unloading truck.
• Transporting personal belongings and furnishings to new residence.
Unpacking and Organizing
• Arranging furniture, furnishings and décor items.
• Unpacking and removing all boxes and packing materials.
• Setting up the living spaces for immediate use.
• Putting items away in the cabinets, closets and cupboards.
• Coordinating move decisions and time tables with new residence and family
• Arranging for packing, shipping and delivery of items to family members
• Arranging for donation, auction, storage, recycling or other disposal of
• Cleaning out old residence and making it ready for sale or new tenant.
• Transferring residential services such as utilities, postal services and
• Recommending and purchasing items for the new residence.